Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Toy!

I was so irritated about the fact that it was so gross the other day that I completely forgot to talk about my new toy!

Drum roll please.....
I GOT A GARMIN!!!!!
Until last week I had been using the MapMyRun app on my iPhone to track my workouts, but sadly I realized that it was completely inaccurate. I am not blaming the app--I think the website is great. However, it was adding distance to my workout that didn't actually exist. I will chalk it up to the fact that I was running, and the iPhone wasn't necessarily built for that. Nevertheless, I needed something else to track my runs.

ENTER GARMIN.

To accompany my obsession with running, I have started pouring over running blogs. I read them all, daily, and I love them [sorry, but they are way more interesting than the thousands of fashion blogs out there]! Okay, maybe I don't read them all, but I have 5 or 6 that I follow regularly. The one thing they have in common [other than their shared obsession with running] is that they always talk about their Garmins. So I decided to do a little research to find out whether or not it was worth it for me to get one.

It was.

So I did.

Thank god for Amazon prime is all I have to say because it came in a mere 2 days. I could not have been more excited to use it, so I set out for my 2.5 miles right when I got it. The watch worked like a charm. It was extremely easy to use, and very accurate. I loved that I could watch my pace, instead of having to wait until the end of my run to find out what it was. Needless to say, I am a very satisfied costumer.

STATS

            Date: 9/5/12 
            Distance: 2.5 mi
            Time: 27:54 min
            Avg. Pace: 11:10 mi/min

No comments:

Post a Comment