Sunday, August 26, 2012

Goal Oriented

As you all know (mostly because I won't shut up the fuck about it), I am running a half marathon in April. However, I have decided to set a few other goals to better ensure I stay on track. (Ok lets be honest, we all know this is my way of finding reasons to reward myself with new shoes and bags... sorry I'm not sorry)

My Goals

  • Run a 5K in November (something my dear cousin Keri better be ready for as she is running it with me)
  • Run a 10K in January--maybe somewhere warm?
  • Run 8 minute miles (consistently) by the new year
  • Run the full loop around Central Park by the new year (while it is only 6.1 miles, and I should be able to do that with no problem in a few months, I've heard it is a difficult run because of all the hills)
  • Find a running buddy!
  • Oh.. and run a half marathon
So now that you know my current goals, you will all be able to kick my ass when I inevitably start complaining or making excuses.

Back to reality...

Yesterday was a "rest" day, but I did go on a short bike with my dad and brother. However, Friday I did my two miles with no problems. Today looks like it is going to rain all day (lame!), so I might be stuck running on the treadmill. Good thing my schedule only has me doing a mile and a half (I might modify that a little, and add some core work). 

It is back to New York for me tomorrow!! After three long weeks away, I am ready to get back to real life.

STATS

          Distance: 2.0 Miles
          Time: 20:03
          Avg. Pace: 11:38 (min/mile) 

2 miles: 8/24
  

No comments:

Post a Comment