Wednesday, August 29, 2012

New Clothes Are the Greatest Things

My new found obsession with all things running has officially expanded in to my wardrobe. One of my favorite stores, LF, was having an absurd sale so naturally I bought a bunch of things that I love but don't really need. On my way home, however, I happened to pass [and by "happened to pass" I mean walked 4 blocks out of the way] Lululemon and thought I would take a quick look. Well 45 minutes later I walked out with two pairs of Run: Dart and Dash shorts [they had other colors in the store] and two of their Cool Racerbacks.

As I left the store, I couldn't wait to run in my new clothes! I decided to take a short nap then head out for my 2 miles. Feeling refreshed and excited about my new clothes, I headed out for a run around campus. I did two laps around the park and was heading uptown [about 6 blocks from home], when the MapMyRun woman said I had finished two miles! I really couldn't believe it. Normally, I know when the end of my run is coming because I can feel it, but today I was feeling great!

I didn't want to push my luck too much, so I decided to go up one more block before making my way back home. I made it to my stoop, stopped the clock, and realized that not only had I run 2.77 miles, but I did it in less time it took to run my first 2 miles! I can't believe how fast I am making progress. I figured that I would be dying when I have to start increasing milage next week, but now I am extremely confident that I will have no problem!

I am almost as excited as this guy...

funny gifs
Record Undressing Time

Almost, but not quite.

STATS

             Date: 8/29/12
             Distance: 2.77 mi
             Time: 22:33 min
             Avg. Pace: 8:25 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment